MackinNZ:Niel: Any cheap UPS will do.
Until the batteries overheat and the unit "cooks" itself. Has happed to me 2 or 3 times with cheap units, mainly from Dynamix.
You too eh? How long did the rotting garbage/catcrap smell take to clear from your room after the battery had its meltdown? Any case discolouration or distortign from the heat?
I think I have had more interruptions from the dynamix one than it prevented. Often on trivial mains events it would click and click and the PC would reboot, yet unprotected PC's kept on going.