Americancars: Yea, I am going to have to return my headset, it doesn't work. The radio function and the sound comes out but the button's don't work. What a pain.
I have downloaded the maps for the Usa and they are very detailed. If you want to see what voice guidance is like, go to somewhere major in America (make sure you have the maps downloaded first or are connected to 3g or WLAN), go:
1. Click on "options"
2. Scroll down and click on "plan route"
3. Select a starting point (where ever you want but I would go to a city in America (or somewhere else with good maps) first and then find a landmark or just a place anywhere).
4. Find a finishing point (you can choose one wherever you want in that land mass, near your starting point is easiest)
5. Click on "options" and then click on "show route"
6. Click "options" and go to "start simulation" and it will start a simulation of what it would be like if you were actually going on that route and it was guiding you.
Note: You DON'T have to have purchased the service for a simulation.
Also, when having a guided navigation, you may find it more fun to have the view on 3D. To do this, you push the "0" "zero" key.
Theres a little switch on it that locks the buttons, have you checked that?