Common sense is not as common as you think.
vexxxboy: check what it updates and decide if you need them. Here are the general updates if you want more details then read the Faq on them
- Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box. Please check for important information here: http://www.avm.de/en/Sicherheit
- New with FRITZ!OS 6:
- Wireless LAN Guest Access new as "private hotspot"
- Ready for vectoring
- Parental control with shared budget for multiple devices
- Improved and expanded push services with automatic email notifications
- New MyFRITZ! access to answering machine, Smart Home and FRITZ!NAS for mobile devices
- Smart Home functionality now even more convenient and with more information
- FRITZ!Fon with media player and much more
- Easier VPN setup, optimized for iOS tablets and smartphones
New with FRITZ!OS 6.06:
-DSL: fixes a problem, that could cause certain line cards to crash when changing settings in the FRITZ!Box
-DSL: fixes a problem with bandplan 997
-system: general stability improved
timmmay: So I'm ok to upgrade from 84.05.51 to 84.06.06? Like sir963 it's the first update that's appeared for me. There were problems with earlier updates, I hear. Does the upgrade preserve all your settings?
sir1963:timmmay: So I'm ok to upgrade from 84.05.51 to 84.06.06? Like sir963 it's the first update that's appeared for me. There were problems with earlier updates, I hear. Does the upgrade preserve all your settings?
You can back up your settings and reimport them, or print them out as another backup
HOWEVER, the 6.06 update worked flawlessly for me
Bannor: Since I updated to FRITZ!OS 06.06 on my Fritzbox 7390 I've noticed significantly degraded internet performance . For example Youtube videos start playing but then stop usually after about 20 seconds. I can't even log into my gmail as it halts partway through loading every time.
I'm on a UFB 30/10 plan and Speedtest results look ok - upstream 27.39mbps , downstream 9.68mbps and 3ms ping.
Anyone got any ideas about what settings might fix this?
UPDATE: I had to disable IPV6. That fixed the problem.
Any comments made are personal opinion and do not reflect directly on the position my current or past employers may have.