I've spent a frankly embarrassing amount of time reading through this and other threads, and I think I've narrowed down the options to either a) Edgerouter Lite with one a Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC PRO or the LR
b) Grandstream GWN7000 with a GWN7610
A few questions before I hit the buy button.
1) Will both of these plug straight into my ONU and work with Spark fibre? As in no problems with VLAN tagging etc.?
2) Do both of these have the usual type of router setup - i.e. through a browser?
3) What sorts of mobile apps for tweaking configuration are available (would be nice, but not a deal-breaker)?
4) Is there an appreciable difference in capabilities of the APs? I'm in a 2-floor wooden house, and the AP will be at a maximum of 20 m from anything using it.
5) I want to use these with a VPN such as Express or Nord. Anything I should know?
I like the looks of the Grandstream option, but the sheer solidity and general public awareness of the Edgerouter appeals a lot too. Decisions, decisions. Price is not an overriding issue in this decision, as my company will be paying for a good chunk of it.