So would the recommendation be:
- Given the Profile, when connecting the Draytek Vigor 130, is 8b - I should leave it connected and monitor the speeds over the next 10 days?
- Hopefully, the DLM process will detect the "noise" and adjust accordingly and I should see an improvement in speed (as per the Huawei - Profile 17a)
- I've checked the Ethernet Port on the Modem for any signs of dust or bent wires thinking it might be enough to cause issues (considering Cabling is mentioned in most Posts), I'd expect it not to work if it were the case.
- Does the Bridging of the Modem affect Speed?
- The DV130 is in bridge/passthrough mode which has my edgerouter do the DHCP to Vodafone.
- The bridging allows the DV130 to sit in front of a firewall/router to create a layer 2 bridge that inserts a VLAN ID of 10, then strips the VLAN tag when handing traffic back to the router.
- According to Draytek - This means that the router/firewall behind the DV130 can simply operate as a PPPoE initiator, DHCP or fixed IP address (service provider dependent) without the added hassle of configuring virtual sub interfaces.