June was right in the middle of lock down and their source countries probably still are in lockdown. Also global freight has been severely impacted. In normal time 3 month is probably unacceptable having regard to the nature of the fault but these are not normal times and I feel leeway should be given.
I ordered a part from the UK 2 days ago--- it is going to be delivered to me on Monday.
It is possible what you say is true, but, shipping seems to be back to normal.
(Ordered something from amazon US and it delivered quickly, and several things from aliexpress and they arrived in the usual time for them).
Well, as Bose abandoned NZ last year (and fired a bulk of their staff in the process) and now trade out of their Melbourne offices, I'm picking that things have gone somewhat sideways for them. With the Victoria lockdown and no one representing their brand logistically on our shores, unforeseen things like COVID will have shown some rather large chinks in their armour.
However, this is simply an excuse for them not holding parts locally.
IMHO they have fallen afoul of NZ law in the OP's case and need to stump up for a replacement product.
3 months is a long time to fix an issue with a product that they have already been paid for.
I think 3 months falls outside of what's reasonable.
Just talk to them respectfully and firmly.
yes it might take something that would normally take 2 week take a month, but not 3 months. that's just being ridiculous.
We ship a lot of items to a lot of countries and NONE are taking more than a couple of weeks at the moment. Most companies are still operating all be it at a limited capacity but they are still fulfilling their orders.
Not really, the company that made our caravan in the UK for example is in furlough until at least November. My sons employer in London is not reopening until late October at the earliest. He is an Account Director and still working from home. He is having a nightmare getting orders full-filled globally. A friend who works for an Automotive OEM (I will not name) has told me it is approaching crunch time for stock supply for both cars and parts. Even if the off shore supplier is up and running logistics and getting stock shipped is a nightmare. One just has to look at the Courier delays thread here on Geekzone to see examples of this.
I wrote the escalations team a friendly email stating that I was like to escalate this repair case as the device has been in the repair centre for too long, and that it's in breach of CGA.
They replied back to me the next day saying that the unit is no longer in production and that they will happily upgrade me to the latest home smart speaker.
I replied back asking if I can pay an extra $250 to get the model up from what they offered which they said it's fine.
So we are in the process of arranging a Bose Home Speaker 500. ($250 upgrade from the 300)
I guess it's a win for me, waiting for three months and then asking politely.
I should also say this is kind of a win for Bose, as that I was in the process of deciding which "Smarthome" ecosystem I should go for, whether if I should go for Sonos, Bose or go out and buy an Apple Speaker when they release it or the new Google Speaker when its released.