Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.

227 posts

Master Geek
+1 received by user: 18

Topic # 113280 11-Jan-2013 19:07
Send private message

A Cat6 cable slipped out my hands this evening and has fallen down a wall cavity... It is on a job and I cannot use another cable or split another one as it is carrying rs232 signal not data...

I have to solve this this weekend, this job has dragged on and I don't want the client to even be aware of this problem.

I need someone who has a snake camera / fibre optic camera that you use for looking down cavities and inspecting pipes. Failing that a could also use a lipstick camera and tape it onto a long cable and run it to a monitor.

I am desperate and will pay in cash.

Any direct enquiries call me on 0220235611

Any suggestions of third parties I can try contact please reply and I will chase them up and be very grateful!

This is what happens when you decide to rush a bit extra work in the 5mins you have left instead of being satisfied with the day's output!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr I am dumb sometimes!

View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic

This is a filtered page: currently showing replies marked as answers. Click here to see full discussion.

3120 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 864


  Reply # 743543 11-Jan-2013 20:04
Send private message

No idea if it would be at all suitable (or long enough) or how much you want to spend but I saw this in the latest SCA mailer:

3267 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 77


  Reply # 743571 11-Jan-2013 20:56
Send private message

Jaycar also has a USB mini inspection camera (2m and 7m cable length). Just add a laptop.

You can never have enough Volvos!


Try Wrike: fast, easy, and efficient project collaboration software


922 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 21


  Reply # 743593 11-Jan-2013 21:22
Send private message

You can buy extensions for the Jaycar inspection cams.


643 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 96


  Reply # 743603 11-Jan-2013 21:42
Send private message

lurker: What about calling the sewer guys. Not sure how clean their cams considering where they've been, but they do call outs and their cams go a long way...

When you say the sewer guys who do you mean exactly? Or do you mean call up a drainage company?

Probably easier to buy one of these inspection cameras from jaycar and then if client 'drops by' I don't have to explain the hoary drainage guy in his house ;-)

Yeah I mean the drainage/plumber types. After the Chch quakes we had damaged drains and one company came out with a big spooled cam on a sackbarrow, went a long way. I presume they would help, or maybe there are health and safety rules around their use, considering the places they go to. But these guys do callouts during weekends so maybe a last resort backup when all else fails.

View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic

Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:

News »

Amazon launches the International Shopping Experience in the Amazon Shopping App
Posted 19-Apr-2018 08:38

Spark New Zealand and TVNZ to bring coverage of Rugby World Cup 2019
Posted 16-Apr-2018 06:55

How Google can seize Microsoft Office crown
Posted 14-Apr-2018 11:08

How back office transformation drives IRD efficiency
Posted 12-Apr-2018 21:15

iPod laws in a smartphone world: will we ever get copyright right?
Posted 12-Apr-2018 21:13

Lightbox service using big data and analytics to learn more about customers
Posted 9-Apr-2018 12:11

111 mobile caller location extended to iOS
Posted 6-Apr-2018 13:50

Huawei announces the HUAWEI P20 series
Posted 29-Mar-2018 11:41

Symantec Internet Security Threat Report shows increased endpoint technology risks
Posted 26-Mar-2018 18:29

Spark switches on long-range IoT network across New Zealand
Posted 26-Mar-2018 18:22

Stuff Pix enters streaming video market
Posted 21-Mar-2018 09:18

Windows no longer Microsoft’s main focus
Posted 13-Mar-2018 07:47

Why phone makers are obsessed with cameras
Posted 11-Mar-2018 12:25

New Zealand Adopts International Open Data Charter
Posted 3-Mar-2018 12:48

Shipments tumble as NZ phone upgrades slow
Posted 2-Mar-2018 11:48

Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.

Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.