Snackos: Well I got a cabinet is my area today and now I'm only connecting at half the speed.
What a mickey mouse operation we have in this country.
So I guess I'll need to switch to Telecom to get decent speed? Or is there any alternative?
Yeah same thing happened to me, i got moved a cabinet on the 30th of july and speeds dropped to 2mbps.
Just give orcon a ring and tell them about the cabinet and they'll do speedtests and then move you off the orcon+ network to the normal orcon plans on the wholesale network.
An email from them a few days ago,
New broadband and telephone equipment has been installed in your area. This work has been carried out in order to shorten the length of the copper line that broadband and telephone services are delivered over. Unfortunately, as we have found after investigation you are now getting interference on your line which is causing slower speeds than normal. To rectify this we will move you off of our equipment in the exchange onto the new equipment in the local cabinet.
What will this mean for you?
You can still expect to receive great service from us and no extra charges will be applied to your account. Important things to note include:
- Your monthly base fee will remain the same
- Your phone number will not change
- You'll still have amount of to use each month
- You’ll continue to have access to the smart phone features (voicemail, caller ID and call waiting)
- There will be a short period (up to four hours) during which your broadband and telephone service will not work on the day that you are moved over
- Your invoice will look different to what you usually receive as we’ll need to make manual credit adjustments