Every single ISP on the planet experiences some sort of degraded performance during peak hours. Some decide to rate limit video/p2p some choose not to. Its a simple factor of economics. You cant afford to pay for every users to have fast speeds at only certain times of the day. an isp cant just turn on extra bandwidth for those hours thats not how the internet works.
I would love their to be awesome speeds during peak times, however I know its not possible. And besides im happy with the 2-5 megabits I get during peak times. The performance I get is far better than our $2000 a month fiber connection (simply because the peak international is higher)
You cant compair an apple to an genetically engineered orange that tastes like a banana and smells like a carrot.
Help has been given, suggestions have been offered. yet people make ridiculous claims about going to Campbell live or protesting.
Heres what you do:
1) get as much information about your issue together as possible
2) Phone support and tell them whats going on (best to do it during non peak call hours so you can get through easy and they arnt busy)
3) Do what they say and get the case number and name of the person
4) if you still have the issue phone back and ask to talk to the same person and present your case id
5) repeat until the only choice left is to get chorus to come out and take a look, they will bring specialized equipment to test your line and your ports at the exchange etc... You will not be charged if their is a fault
6) If you still dont have a resolution change ISPs, BUT note that you may still have the same issues as its probably not an issue outside your property and all the new isp will do is the same steps
It seems that most people here dont go past step 5, they just totally ignore advice, blame the ISP, and just constantly complain. Attempt to get it resolved if not go to some one else simple as that, thats how life works. If your unhappy with the new car you just brought because it keeps breaking down you dont just jump on some forum and complain, you get it replaced or get a new one. the same thing apply's
This thread should be disabled as its giving people a false view that orcon is a bad isp that treats people bad and doesn't have any bandwidth. when it is infact the opposite.