AdrianD: Thanks for your feedback.
A few final points on this matter before the All Blacks kick off:
1. Some of the content on the web site is not accurate and this has been sent to marketing for correction first thing Tuesday. Apologies and thanks for highlighting.
2. I can assure you the offer is $60 unlimited broadband with no contract - you need to have an existing Homeline, but this does not need to be with Slingshot.
3. If you do move your Homeline to Slingshot it will cost between $41-$51 depending on where you live. There will be no contract on the Homeline either for customers that choose this option.
4. All advertising will make it clear that a Homeline is required and that customers need an existing modem - this offer is clearly targeting existing broadband users.
5. This is not misleading advertising, the offer represented is accurate. There are no hidden costs and Slingshot is not requiring you to move your Homeline or calling. As you're aware, excluding Naked Broadband customers all broadband users in NZ must have a Homeline.
While I appreciate the concerns in relation to the quality of the service, as stated there has been significant investment in this area. Our confidence in the performnace is reflected in offering no contracts.
Adrian, could you confirm this part, I just called customer service to sign up as a new customer and was told if I want to sign up for homeline and broadband unlimited package I would have to have a 12 month contract even if I have my own modem. I'm slightly confused :)
Just to clarify, we have been overseas and have just returned to NZ so would a completely new signup ie: no existing phone services at the moment Cheers.