I'm new to NZ and would like to share my experience with Orcon thus far to determine whether or not this is standard practice.
- I signed up with Orcon on the 26/09/2016 for their Unlimited VDSL package after checking for available services for my address in Flagstaff.
- Received an email stating that my go live date was the 30/09/2016 (coincidently this was the last correspondence I received from them).
- Received my modem (Orcon Genius) on the 28/09/2016 but couldn't connect it to my wall socket as I have a wide end socket and I only received a regular RJ-11 cable. There was no filter/splitter in the box.
- Went to Auckland for the weekend and got a filter from a friend. Returned on the 02/10/2016 and proceeded to connect the modem to the phone socket.
- My ADSL light stabilized but my Internet light wouldn't come on.
- Phoned support on the 02/10/2016 (Sunday) to report this and was told that somebody would attend to this on the 03/10/2016 (Monday).
- Phoned support again on the 04/10/2016 and was told that it's been escalated to Chorus (if I heard correctly) and that I must just wait for somebody to contact me as there's nothing more that they can do.
- It's now been 11 days since I signed up but I'm still not connected.
Is this standard practice and should I just wait it out? Is there anything else I can do, like try to get a wide end to regular RJ-11 cable?
Any and all help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.