My speeds are pretty much back to normal now, but I keep going over there 20GB cap, and paying $10 for 5GB is just WAY to much for me, so im afrade I will have to let Orcon go and will be switching to Slingshot.
The good things about Orcon:
- I just done a bit or searching on google about my plan im on with orcon "Surfer 20 GB Broadband" which I always thought there was a early termination fee, but there isn't!! not for people who already had broadband, which i did. So thanks you for that Orcon!
- They always gave me fast reliable speeds (the last month it was rather slow, but it's back to normal for me now).
- I have always have great pings with them!! When playing online games, even when everyone else on Orcon had really slow internet, for some reason my ping was never affected. (even on peak times), this is on the games i play (Half Life 2: DeathMatch and Team Fortes 2)
- Have only rang up once to Orcon and i think it was only about 5-10 mins waiting.
The bad things about Orcon:
- The last month where they had some major International speed issues, they had there status page say everything was fine when it wast.
- Would be nice to be kept a bit more in the loop as to when there are issues and a estimated time for it to be fixed..
- Email support isn't the best, they take 2-3 days before they reply, even when they reply they aren't always that helpful.
Thats about all I think, i'm sure other people have had other experiences with Orcon, but mine was relatively good (if you exclude the last month).
Im sure Orcon will release a nice shinny new plan 1-2 Weeks after I have switched, with better bigger and cheaper caps and free off peak data, but thats just how it is always with me
Fair-well orcon, and wish you all the best!