I am running XP, but had the same problems early on in the day. My advice is in the following order...
- get OS installed and patched
- get video card installed and running
- get PowerDVD 8 up and running and ensure that the hardware acceleration is enabled in the options
- install and configure what ever PVR you are going to use (MP IMHO is also the easiest to configure with the HVR2200)
- ENSURE that the PVR is set to use the Cyberlink h.264 codec for the TV streams AND that you set the de-interlacing to WEAVE (I found that leaving it as auto or anything else gave me PIN issues with DirectShow).
As for editing .ini files or registries and the such. Nothing like that went on here, but as I say I'm running XP.
If you are going for MP, then once the TVServer is configured first check the preview option under the channel list. If it shows a picture you are sweet to carry on, otherwise the problem is still most likely in the codec config.