Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Guest
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.


View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic
1 | 2 


1054 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 71


  Reply # 293197 26-Jan-2010 21:05
Send private message

sbiddle: So you're quite happy with 4:3 analogue TV and thing there is no need for digital TV?

I know I'm certainly not..


I think you read into what I said in the wrong way, I'm all for digital TV, the issues I brought up were the small local TV stations being cut and the fact that they are not going to cover the entire country with the DVB-T service. The Government should have put both feet in and go 100% but like most things they do it's always half arsed.

Of course theres DVB-S... argh.. had enough of that, was fine when it was first started now the quality is shocking, I wonder if the Freeview statements on their websites and ads can be considered false advertising?

  sbiddle: Why would you care about EIT on DVB-T? It's of no use at all.


EIT is of use, especially if that was the reason why I was getting no information coming through apart from the EPG. When you bring up the quick program listing on the Magic TV box and when you change between channels it was just displaying dots.

Ah well it's all fixed now. :-)

26196 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 5796

Moderator
Trusted
Biddle Corp
Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 293215 26-Jan-2010 21:47
Send private message

Lurch:

I think you read into what I said in the wrong way, I'm all for digital TV, the issues I brought up were the small local TV stations being cut and the fact that they are not going to cover the entire country with the DVB-T service. The Government should have put both feet in and go 100% but like most things they do it's always half arsed. 


Nationwide DVB-T would be nothing but a dream. There isn't even nationwide analogue coverage now!

DVB-T expansion from 75% to 87% will occur before ASO. Delivering DVB-T to the remaining 13% of the population simply doesn't stack up when compared to the cost of delivering a DVB-S signal that covers 100% of the population.


1 | 2 
View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic



Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:





News »

Amazon launches the International Shopping Experience in the Amazon Shopping App
Posted 19-Apr-2018 08:38


Spark New Zealand and TVNZ to bring coverage of Rugby World Cup 2019
Posted 16-Apr-2018 06:55


How Google can seize Microsoft Office crown
Posted 14-Apr-2018 11:08


How back office transformation drives IRD efficiency
Posted 12-Apr-2018 21:15


iPod laws in a smartphone world: will we ever get copyright right?
Posted 12-Apr-2018 21:13


Lightbox service using big data and analytics to learn more about customers
Posted 9-Apr-2018 12:11


111 mobile caller location extended to iOS
Posted 6-Apr-2018 13:50


Huawei announces the HUAWEI P20 series
Posted 29-Mar-2018 11:41


Symantec Internet Security Threat Report shows increased endpoint technology risks
Posted 26-Mar-2018 18:29


Spark switches on long-range IoT network across New Zealand
Posted 26-Mar-2018 18:22


Stuff Pix enters streaming video market
Posted 21-Mar-2018 09:18


Windows no longer Microsoft’s main focus
Posted 13-Mar-2018 07:47


Why phone makers are obsessed with cameras
Posted 11-Mar-2018 12:25


New Zealand Adopts International Open Data Charter
Posted 3-Mar-2018 12:48


Shipments tumble as NZ phone upgrades slow
Posted 2-Mar-2018 11:48



Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.



Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.