Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.

390 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 28

Topic # 113983 3-Feb-2013 21:43
Send private message

sorry do not know the name of it, but i am after a sound card with left and right (black and red) speaker outputs? like on the back of a sterio system, is there such a card?

Create new topic
1929 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 129

  Reply # 755251 3-Feb-2013 22:10
Send private message

Sound cards normally have 3.5mm stereo sockets on the output which plug into an amplifier to drive the speakers.
They don't have enough power to drive speakers directly.
If you have an amp with RCA inputs then you need a 3.5mm stereo to 2 x rca adaptor cable or an adaptor plug.
Like this

261 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 34

Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 755262 3-Feb-2013 22:31
Send private message

I run an M-Audio Audiophile 2946 but be aware you lose tha ability to turn the sound card down. It is only an interface. The volume is only in the application or the amp.

Create new topic

Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:

Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.

Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.