1) Service through joining and preparing for the change from Vodafone was good. Staff answered the phone promptly, were friendly and everything happened when it was supposed to. Fritzbox arrived the day of the changeover and apart from needing to make one phone call to get things kicked off there was minimal disruption (half an hour) between old and new connection.
2) Have had a consistent performance for the month (although I'm not one for speedtests). It works for what I want and works well.
3) Fritzbox 7340 was ordered as opposed to the 7390. I already have a 16 port switch for distribution so didn't need the two extra ports on the 7390.
4) The Fritzbox seems to have a limited wifi range. Where my previous modem/router (Linksys WAG160N) gave coverage right down to the lounge area, the Fritzbox does not reach that far. It probably has about half/two thirds the range. I am disappointed with that as I now need to set up an access point to improve the range (although this will have the added benefit of extending the range to areas the previous modem/router wouldn't reach).
5) Was looking forward to trying out the NAS capabilities of the Fritzbox, especially as it can be used with a powered 4 port USB hub. Great for distribution of my media stored on a couple of 3TB external hard drives. Or so I thought. After spending quite a bit of time wondering why the simple set up process wasn't working, some research turned up the fact that 2TB is the maximum drive supported by the Fritzbox. This wasn't recorded anywhere when I did my research before opting for this. It also appears from recent forum comments (April 2013) by the manufacturers that they do not intend supporting drives larger than 2TB in the future.
So all in all happy with the performance of Snap but not so happy with the performance of the Fritzbox.
(edit - spelling)