I signed up to 2 Degrees broadband on March 13 2016. I had Chorus come round for the scope on 19 March. At that stage I advised the technician that I may not be able to be there on the 24 March which was the installation date, being the last date of the week before Easter there was probably no way I could take time off work so would get back to them to change this. I also needed to get a access card off the manager of the accommodation I am in to get access to the office where the equipment was. I got an email back from her on Sunday night advising she would put an access card under my door.
I rung 2degrees on Monday 21 March to ask whether the installation was still on 24 March and the csr put me on hold to find out and then came back to confirm that this date was still booked in and also advised that I would be able to be there on the morning of the 24 March. I rung 2degrees again on the Wednesday and they put me on hold again and after a long wait they came back on to advise that it would still go ahead, the next day between 8-11am. Unfortunately the technician never turned up so I rung Chorus around 11am and I was told by them the the job had been put on hold until I got back to them with another date, I had been told the next available date won't be until 14 April.
Perhaps I should have rung Chorus first before ringing 2degrees earlier in the week to find out my job had been put on hold but having rung 2degrees twice and having being put on hold to find out what the status of my job was I would've thought that the information of my job being put on hold would've been communicated from Chorus to 2degrees?
Anyway I advised that the 14 April was no good as i was leaving NZ on the 2 May for 5 weeks and wouldn't be back until 3 June. They advised that they could book me in for 4 June, which I said was fine.
I used Facebook messenger while I was overseas to confirm this date and was advised by 2degrees by text that this was still 4 June in the morning and also through Facebook messenger.
i arrived home late Friday night on 3 June and woke up in the morning expecting a call from Chorus to advise what time they would be there for the installation but this never happened so i rung the 2degrees contact centre only to be told that for some reason Chorus had changed the install date and had failed to get back to either 2degrees or myself to advise of this. I also got told that 2degrees would get in touch with Chorus about this but this could take 4 hours or more and being a long weekend it would be highly unlikely that I wouldn't hear anything until at least Tuesday 7 June.
I am obviously not very happy and have used both Facebook and Twiiter to express this on 2degrees and Chorus. I am currently paying for wireless broadband through a company called Freedom Internet which is good but not as fast as UFB. Hopefully I may be able to get some satisfaction soon as I don't see what alternative I have. If I dropped 2degrees as my ISP and signed up with someone else i would still need to deal with Chorus?