tkayed: So, I bit the bullet as I have no faith that Weebly will solve this anytime soon, and did the following:
- purchased the domain: hypnobirthinghb.co.nz
- pointed it to the Weebly website, waited one hour until I got the Weebly Site Not Published page
- renamed the website "www.hypnobirthinghb.co.nz" and re-published
- verified that both "www.hypnobirthinghb.co.nz" and "hypnobirthinghb.co.nz" loaded correctly.
- created a URL redirect from the domain: "hypnobirthing.kiwi.nz" to "http://www.hypnobirthinghb.co.nz"
- sat another 1 hour for the changes to take place.
Finally, all is (somewhat) right with the world!
It's a bandaid solution but it works. Hopefully it won't effect any future seo or get penalised by google. I will keep you posted on whether Weebly eventually sorts anything out for the kiwi.nz domains.
Are their websites all that search engine optimised though? That is one of the problems with software as a service websites, they are only as good as the support they provide, and you can't move provider without losing the website. 2 days to wait for support is a long time, especially if they aren't resolving the problem, or investigating it more indepth.