You don't have to claim the whole amount in the disputes tribunal, you can reduce your claim to fit under the disputes tribunal limit.

I would write to them and tell them what you plan to do (presumably sell hardware and then charge them for your losses).

Once you've sold the hardware you can then apply to the disputes tribunal as you will know exactly how much you have lost.