The Moto G has been released in the UK, it looks pretty amazing for the price:
- Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 at 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM (specs suggest around 2/3 the performance of the S4, impressive at this price)
- 2000mah battery
- 4.5" screen (ie the right size for smaller hands), 720p (329 ppi)
- 11mm thick, 143g, but built so you don't need a case. The removable/replaceable case protects the back, sides, and front of the phone.
- Android 4.3 with 4.4 coming within 3 months
- 8GB or 16GB - no memory card slot. The lack of card is the only downside I've seen so far
- Two cameras, one 5MP (I think high MP cameras on tiny sensors are pointless, personally), with LED flash, front 1.3MP
TrustedReviews review here, ExpertReviews here.
SIM free price: NZ$290. Nothing else can touch that price with those specs, and it's below the GST threshold. The S4 mini is still $750 odd in stores, and $450 parallel imported, that's dual core (1.8GHz), has a memory card slot, and has the front hardware button.
I'm considering pre-ordering from the UK via YouShop for my partner as an xmas present. Any thoughts before I do?