Has anyone installed the latest version of Oxygen (9.0.2) that came out in the last day?
It seems like the final release is out only a day or so after the beta version, and it brings a bunch of interesting changes from the 6T - the one that interests me the most is introducing Nightscape for improved low-light photos a la Pixel 3's Night Sight. Also interested to see what the changes to the gestures are, as I already find them useful.
The frustrating thing is, only a few weeks after being told about Oxygen Updater on this thread, that app's no longer working due to some changes made by OnePlus.
So are we safe to use the direct download link given near the bottom of that webpage linked to above?
Anyway, the list of changes given are:
- Brand new navigation gestures
- Improved UI for About phone
- Optimized standby power consumption
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Added support to launch Google Assistant or other third party assistant app by holding the power button for 0.5 seconds
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added Nightscape
- Added Studio Lighting to enhance face contour
I have tree choppers here today so I am in the office listening to music, I will give this a whirl and report back.
I decided against doing this,after looking at what was on offer I figured I would wait until the official final release is done.