1. Looking through the post on the Motorola Droid and the Vodafone forum it seems some phones need the APN data put into them before working with the cell network. Did you have to do this? I'm not sure if it would need to be different from what was already listed but I'm curious as to what is exactly needed for this phone.
Did it have any problems connecting to wifi out of the box?
2. I haven't bought a phone with any sort of data plan with it before, or anything Vodafone for that matter. Do you know if a Vodafone prepaid SIM with a voice and data plan could be bought standalone and used with this phone?
Welcome to the forums,
1. If you buy a phone from Vodafone all the APN info will be set up already for you. However if you import a phone the APN settings are easy enough to input yourself and set up.
2. No idea sorry, someone else will know heh.
1. Nexus Ones already had all the Vodafone APN data loaded, even though they are not being sold here through any official channel. Two degrees SIMs also work without any configuration on N1's, and given the likenesses to the N1, I'd think the Desire would be the same.
I had to manually enter APNs for 2degrees into my Nexus One. There are a number of sources with the details, it wasn't partucluarly difficult.