The recent case of death threats on the mean kids site, and various other events have prompted this,
The whole post is here
it makes sense though, the overview of points is
- Take responsibility not just for your own words, but for the comments you allow on your blog.
- label your tolerance level for abusive comments
- Consider eliminating anonymous comments
- Ignore the trolls
- Take the conversation offline, and talk directly, or find an intermediary who can do so
- If you know somone who is behaving badly, tell them so.
- Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person.
but its a difficult subject, I certainly don't want to take responsibility for other peoples comments, I fully agree with the YOYOW principal.
2. I agree with this to a point, as is said on the radar, you don't want to advertise as flame tolerant.
3. thats already done here on GZ :)
4. bring on the three billy goats gruff
6. this is a great point, if you actually know someone, and they are being a twerp online, slap them upside the head.
Its definitely a discussion that the internet needs to have, what is appropriate, and what isn't?
what ever happen to Net-equitte?
Other related posts:
a Few good, legal and handy ways to listen to music online.
Some thoughts on Twitter, facebook and the dot com bubble burst.
Razer Mamba. fantastic.
Comment by taniwha, on 2-Apr-2007 13:42
Net-equitte fell over when top posters and bottom posters decided they really couldn't stand each other after all.