oxnsox:cgrew: Common sense would suggest that if the 'big players' and large greedy money making corporations came in to the field to play & actually contributed to helping the poor, rather than using these poor starving people as slaves to produce the "greedy corporations" product. Then maybe, just maybe, western civilisation could help the needy & starving.
Ahh... the utopian view
How many modern, or ancient, civilisations have succeeded along these lines.But the lust for money & power won't allow this.The people that are involved in Capitalism are too consumed with their everyday lives to consider the possibilities of finding a remedy for this ever increasing, ever growing problem.
... and soo we end up with a number political eco-systems which claim to be working for the greater good.
- Do you stay with the utopian view and watch it morph through to an Orwellian society (and there's plenty of evidence that this happens)
- Embrace a promising but rigid doctine of Dictatorship. (It's all very well until someone looses an eye)
- Support the community of socialism. (Knowing how to speak French here has advantages)
- Become a born again Capitalist (Because you can)
- Or sit around a campfire singing Kum-ba-ya. (Because the sun has turned off for the day).
In the beginning surely we do all want for the best, but defining whats best for you, whats best for me, and whats best for Israeli tourists with 5 passports, is not the same. (Whether you're eating your GE enhanced cornbread or your Organically mutated toast.)
hey guys check out this article!