I'd like to find out if it's possible to get ADSL2 on my broadband connection with Xtra.
Here's what I know:
- I've got an Allied Telesis AR256e ADSL router (supposedly ADSL2/2+ ready).
- I've found out previously that I'm 137m from the cabinet/equipment, with resistance of 37 Ohms and line noise of 3dB
- When I emailed Xtra, I got told my exchange was not ADSL2 capable and there was no known upgrade date
- I asked them what exchange I'm on - it's Hillmorton (Christchurch).
- According to the document at the link below, the upgrade to Hillmorton to ADSL2+ was completed on 25/01/2008.
Is there something else that needs to happen as well for ADSL2?
I spoke with a colleague at work (who is with Maxnet from memory) and it sounded like there were some settings changed somewhere and potentially swapping of physical connections (somewhere?) for him to get ADSL2.
I'd appreciate any suggestions on what to do next.