So that means it can be used for ADSL2+/VDSL2 and then fibre if it arrives later were ever you are or I guess move to...???
I read the review mentioned here and he said the same thing for the Aussie NBN aka fibre as it has the correct WAN port..(???) 100mbps...
It means a saving on connection charges I think if you don't have to close one and open another using new hardware etc....
Yes - and when I spoke with Snap, they pointed this out.
(1) You own it (versus rent it)
(2) If you move, you can use it elsewhere.
I'm completely impressed with my move from Snap to Telecom (been with Telecom FOREVER - phone with them since 93, internet from day 1 when they had "xtr13....." usernames and logins, etc).
For $75/month plus a 1-off $59 fee (because I chose the 7390 over the 7340), I get:
(1) 30 Mbit/s up, 10Mbit/s down
(2) Standard 25GB allowance, but bonus 145GB (total 170GB) for next 12 months
(3) Free rental til December (ie 2 months free)
(4) Phone number ported over, so phones work as normal (via the FON1 port).