RSA, the Security Division of EMC announced the availability of a new reference architecture created with Pivotal to help organisations add flexibility and power to security analytics while laying the foundation for broader IT analytics investments.
Building on the expertise of both RSA and Pivotal, this reference architecture helps organisations gain insights into the visibility, analytics and actionable intelligence they need to detect and investigate today's security threats while also providing a solid foundation for a broader ‘IT Data Lake' strategy, which helps to control costs and enables organisations to gain maximum value from IT systems.
Additionally, the new reference architecture showcases how the technologies from both companies can work together to help organisations investigate and respond to security incidents before they have the opportunity to impact the business. Together, RSA and Pivotal can help security analysts and incident responders with:
- Greater Visibility through full network packet capture, log collection and contextual data enrichment to spot threats designed to evade detection by common security tools.
- Enhanced Analytics at the time of packet capture and throughout its lifecycle to its archival and retirement, to spot anomalies and reveal indicators of attack and compromise.
- Actionable intelligence through data visualisation, feeds of suspicious activity, and prioritisation of alerts that allow analysts to respond appropriately to threats.
- Enterprise deployability and scale, using distributed, high availability, scale-out architectures that allow for expansion and flexibility to scale to the largest of environments.
- Flexibility and Agility through the ability to take advantage of new analytics modules and new data sources as they are developed or integrated, ensuring security operations are ‘future—proofed' as threats and business processes evolve.
Leveraging an open Hadoop-based data warehouse, RSA Security Analytics allows customers to take advantage of the innovations coming out of the Hadoop ecosystem. By partnering with Pivotal, RSA is able to offer customers the most complete set of analytics tools on the market today – delivering superior visibility above and beyond traditional log-based solutions while lessening dependence on data science skills.