Epson New Zealand has launched its first truly portable laser projector, designed to be as flexible as possible for home users, in both usability and design. The EF- 100W/B is extremely compact measuring just 23cm along its longest edge. The EF-100W/B makes Epson's bright, vivid and long-lasting laser technology available in a compact and lightweight chassis, in either a black or white casing.
By using a laser light source and locating the vents and power inlet on the side, the engineers at Epson have developed a projector that is compact and can be placed and project in any direction. This gives users more flexibility as to what they can project onto such as a wall, ceiling or floor. It also has the capability to project up to 150 inches - ideal for supersizing content.
Even in daylight, the laser light source delivers a bright and vibrant picture, so there's no need to turn lights off, block windows or even use a screen. Additionally, wonky and distorted images can be avoided by using the clever keystone auto picture adjustment feature.
Complementing its portable design, the EF-100W/B offers a swift and simple set-up. Users can launch the Welcome Guide to learn how to set up the projector and discover its key features. Furthermore, the remote makes it easy to navigate the user-friendly interface.
Accessing content from a phone, tablet, DVD player, games console or laptop is easy by inserting a cable into the HDMI port. Streaming content is simple too - devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast and Roku can be plugged in the back.
The plug and play design also incorporates flexible options for sound: built-in speakers, Bluetooth connectivity for sound bars or a headphone jack. There's also a sound mode to reflect the type of content being shown.
The EF-100W/B has been designed for style-conscious users. The white EF-100W features silver accents while the black EF-100B has copper edging. Both models feature rounded corners, minimal buttons and a tactile, leather- like finish.
Epson Australia MD Craig Heckenberg said, "The EF-100 is more than just stylish, portable and fun to use. It also offers great functionality for users with its compact size and long-lasting and high-quality laser light source. So whether you are watching a movie on the ceiling with your kids or enjoying widescreen adventures on the wall of any other room in your house, the EF-100 presents you with an excellent, affordable and creative display solution."
• Stylish finishes (EF-100W white and silver/EF-100B black and copper)
• Compact (WxDxH/mm:210x227x88)
• Lightweight (2.7kg)
• Long-lasting and high-quality (laser light source)
• Vibrant and realistic images even in daylight (3LCD technology, 2,000lm, 2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast, WXGA resolution)
• Big display size (up to 150 inches)
• Project on almost any surface and in any direction (laser light source, vents and power inlet on the side)
• Stress-free set up (welcome guide, automatic keystone correction V +/- 45°, easy to use remote)
• Simple to stream content (1x HDMI 2.0,1x USB for power supply)
• Easy sound options (built-in 5W speaker, Bluetooth audio connectivity, headphone jack)
• Low fan noise (26db / 29db)