On-demand collaboration applications and services provider WebEx, now part of Cisco, has expanded Apple Mac support across its suite of business process collaboration applications.
WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx WebOffice, WebEx Event Center, WebEx Training Center, WebEx Sales Center and WebEx Support Center now offer cross platform support for Mac OS X Leopard and Safari 3.
The company says this expanded support is part of Cisco WebEx's attention to its growing customer base of Mac users.
Cisco WebEx provides on-demand collaboration applications to individuals, small businesses and enterprise organizations. The applications combine both synchronous and asynchronous collaboration capabilities and enable businesses to leverage the web as a channel for interaction with customers, partners and co-workers.
"You can't deny that the Apple Mac is becoming more prevalent in businesses; in fact, we have seen Mac usage double in last year," said Ilan Kasaan, director of product management, Cisco WebEx. "We want to ensure that all of our customers have a successful experience, and as with all of our solutions, we are consistently upgrading to meet the demands of our growing user base."
The expanded support for Mac OS X Leopard spans the entire Cisco WebEx collaboration suite to ensure Mac users receive the reliability, speed and support similar to what PC users enjoy.
Specific features include:
- Increased launch and join speeds for WebEx Meeting Center
- Better desktop/application sharing performance in WebEx Meeting Center
- Better presentation sharing performance in WebEx Training Center, WebEx Event Center and WebEx Sales Center
- Up to six videoconferencing channels with a WebEx Meeting Center session
- Better 3D animations in shared Keynote documents across the WebEx suite
- Improved sound quality for VoIP and audio broadcasting across the WebEx suite