To ignite the launch of its fastest and lightest Norton security software, Norton Internet Security 2009 and Norton Antivirus 2009, Symantec – makers of Norton – would like to invite Geekzone members to “Blast Off With Norton” and enter to win a trip aboard a Zero Gravity Flight.
Reengineered for speed and weightlessness, Norton 2009 includes hundreds of performance enhancements and introduces a number of new technologies.
Geekzone is giving our New Zealand registered users the opportunity to win a Zero Gravity flight experience in February 2009 (date subject to change based on flight conditions) provided by Symantec.
The Geekzone winner of the Zero Gravity flight will be one of 32 winners from around the world participating in this adventure.
That winner will also have the opportunity to enter a separate draw conducted in the US to win a suborbital flight where they’ll fly 100km into space and be able to view Earth while experiencing the weightlessness of space flight.
To be in to win a ticket to the Zero Gravity flight and the chance to be in the Suborbital Space Flight draw, you must visit the new Norton 2009 product page and answer the following skill question:
“Name two of the new features introduced with Norton Antivirus 2009 or Norton Internet Security 2009, and describing what makes the new Norton products ‘light’.”
UPDATE: This competition is now closed. ITECH is the winner and will be flying to the USA thanks to Symantec.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• By entering the Symantec Zero Gravity Flight Competition (the "Promotion") you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions").
WHO CAN ENTER
• Symantec directors, management, employees and their immediate families and Sohosolutions directors, management, employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win the prizes.
• The winner must be 18 years old or over.
• Entry in this Zero Gravity Flight competition is open to registered Geekzone readers resident in New Zealand only.
HOW TO ENTER
• The competition starts Monday 24 November 2008, 12:00 noon (New Zealand time) and closes Monday 15 December 2008 12:00 noon (New Zealand time).
• To be in to win a ticket to the zero gravity flight and the chance to be in the suborbital flight draw, users must visit the product page and answer the following skill question: “Name two of the new features introduced with Norton Antivirus 2009 or Norton Internet Security 2009, and describe what makes the new Norton products ‘light’.”
• Users enter their answer on the Geekzone website entry form to submit their entry. Entries will be received via e-mail and one winner will be drawn from the entry pool.
• Incomplete or incorrect answers will not be included in the draw.
• No purchase of Symantec product is necessary.
• Entry details remain the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant.
• There will be one major prize Winner (the “Winner”).
• The prize includes round-trip, business class air transportation for one (1) from any major airport in Promotion Winner’s country of residence to launch city departing February 20, 2009 and returning February 22, 2009; one (1) standard hotel room for three nights/four days; ground transportation to and from the airport; ground transportation to and from the Zero Gravity Flight launch facility; and meals. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) up to NZD$25,969, depending upon winner's
point of travel origin and airfare fluctuations at the time of taking the trip. Any differences between stated and actual value will not be awarded.
• Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner. The Winner is responsible for all expenses other than those specified, including but not limited to travel insurance, spending money, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, taxes (including departure taxes), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
• The Prize is only valid for the Zero Gravity flight on 21 February unless dates are changed by the Promoter or Prize Provider. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at time of booking.
• No prize substitutions or transfers are allowed.
• The winner must be able to travel on the days specified.
• The winner will be asked to sign a Medical History Form that includes a series of questions pertaining to certain medical conditions such as heart or back problems or pregnancy. If the winner does not have any of these conditions, it will not be necessary to consult with a doctor. If the winner does have any of the indicated conditions, the winner must confer with his/her personal physician and obtain his/her sign-off (a ‘fit to fly’ letter).
• The Zero Gravity flight prize is described in this page: http://www.gozerog.com.
• Neither suborbital flight nor entry into suborbital flight drawing are prizes of this promotion. Rather, winner of the Promotion is eligible to enter into a separate prize draw, prize for which will be a suborbital flight that will depart on a date, time, and from a location to be determined. This separate prize draw will be conducted exclusively in the United States on or about February 21, 2009, and will be governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. The suborbital flight promotion will be subject to its Official Rules found at http://nortontoday.symantec.com/features/detours/blastoff/terms.php.
HOW TO WIN
• A random draw will be conducted Monday 15 December 2008, 3:00pm (New Zealand time) and one entry will be selected.
• The contact e-mail must be replied to within 72 hours, otherwise another entry will be drawn. If the e-mail address is invalid we will contact the winner via phone, providing the information stored in the Geekzone user profile is complete and correct. If the winner cannot be contacted by these means within the 72 hours then another draw will be conducted.
• No correspondence will be entered into.
• Subject to any restrictions in law, the liability of the Prize Provider is limited to the total value of the prize.
• The Prize Provider, the Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur: during the judging; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry into the Competition; in the participation in any Prize; or due to the publication of any material, including any statements made by any staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person.
• By entering, contestants grant Prize Provider, Symantec, and Promoter, Sohosolutions Ltd, the use of their name, bio details and likeness in captured video and audio assets, still images taken during the zero gravity flight for use on Symantec's website, and various social media networks and channels. The winner must also make themselves available for PR activities such as interviews.
• If, for any reason, this Competition is not capable of being conducted as planned, including, but not limited, due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to legislation.
• In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
• The Promoter is Sohosolutions Ltd, 102 Ironside Road, Johnsonville, Wellington, New Zealand.
• The Prize Provider is Symantec Corporation of Stevens Creek Boulevard, Cupertino, CA 95014-2132, USA.
• The Prize Provider is responsible solely for the fulfilment of the Prize, and has no involvement in administration of the Competition or selection of the Winner. Prize Provider is not responsible for the administration of the Contest, the selection of the Winner, or accuracy of any statement made by Promoter, including any statement in these Terms and Conditions or elsewhere regarding the contents, value, or availability of the prize.
Twitter and LinkedIn »
Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums: