Posted on 20-Aug-2009 13:59
Filed under: News
Business search directory yellow.co.nz is now available to iPhone owners in New Zealand with today’s launch of the Yellow iPhone app.
The Yellow iPhone app provides location awareness via the iPhone’s built in GPS, mapping and directions functionality courtesy of Google Maps and the ability to save businesses to your contacts and email search results to others.
The Yellow iPhone app was designed to take advantage of the latest iPhone 3GS OS by Smudge Applications of Christchurch, and is free to download from the App Store.
• Full ability to search Yellow’s entire directory
• Local search via iPhone’s integrated GPS
• Find local businesses on the integrated maps
• Get driving or walking directions to any business via Google Maps
• Email business details to friends & contacts
• Save your favourite searches for next time
• Add your favourite businesses direct to your iPhones contacts
Yellow Marketing Director Kellie Nathan says the mobile market, and smart phones in particular, are a good fit for Yellow.
“iPhones and other smart phones provide the ideal platform for Yellow because they can present our content at the touch of a button and overlay location details, no matter where you happen to be.”
Ms Nathan says Yellow is increasingly looking to the online and mobile spaces for growth opportunities, as the way people consume media rapidly changes.
“Innovation is a core value for Yellow and launching an iPhone app shows that we can be responsive to the latest trends and provide solutions which meet and even exceed peoples’ expectations.
“We’re very much living in a digital world and our aim is to ensure our content is available to people where they want it, when they want it and how they want it.”