Yellow to release updated iPhone App with White Pages search
Posted on 12-Sep-2009 11:17
Filed under: News
Business search directory yellow.co.nz has submitted an update to its Yellow iPhone app that will see White Pages information available for search. This means users will be able to find people as well as business and get maps directly on their devices.
The Yellow iPhone app provides location awareness via the iPhone’s built in GPS, mapping and directions functionality courtesy of Google Maps and the ability to save businesses to your contacts and email search results to others.
The Yellow iPhone app was designed to take advantage of the latest iPhone 3GS OS by Smudge Applications of Christchurch, and is free to download from the App Store. The update will be automatically offered to existing users.
Other features of this new release include:
• Free to download
• Search Yellow or White pages with ease
• Set your own search radius – as refined or broad as you want
• Google Maps with normal and satellite view
• Get walking or driving directions
• Save your common searches for quick access
• Save businesses and friends to your iPhone contacts
• Share listings via email
• Choose the number of results per page
• Click to call
According to independent stats, the initial release of Yellow’s app has proved extremely popular with New Zealand iPhone users. It became New Zealand’s most downloaded free app after only 4 days. Latest stats from Pinch Media (as at 9 September) are show 5,600 downloads and 17,991 sessions.