IT professionals can now use LogMeIn to keep remote Windows-based computers up to date and secure. Part of a new release to LogMeIn, Inc.’s remote access and management product lines, LogMeIn Pro and LogMeIn Central, the new patch management capabilities give users an end-to-end way to identify, select and apply one or more available updates, and install those updates over the Internet.
As a result, IT managers, Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and IT consultants can update all of their employees and clients computers – regardless of location – in a timely, prioritised, and secure manner.
Additional information is available at LogMeIn’s product blog.
LogMeIn’s new Windows patch management features are designed to let IT professionals and other power users:
• Support Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 updates
• Securely schedule and manage updates to off-LAN computers using LogMeIn’s cloud-based connectivity platform
• Easily and simultaneously manage Windows Updates on multiple computers to keep systems up-to-date and secure
• Automatically push updates to multiple systems at the same time
• Individually select which Microsoft updates to apply
• Check for Windows Updates at the click of a button
• Instantly view Update status of remote computers
• Work with Windows Update or Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
“Today’s businesses are balancing centralised IT management with increasingly decentralised and distributed workforces. And that’s adding to the inherent challenges and increasing complexity around how IT professionals test, prioritise, and manage Windows updates,” said Andrew Burton, LogMeIn’s vice president, Access & Management. “By bringing together remote access and management with patch management, we are now providing our users with a simple, yet effective means of keeping remote computers secure and up to date.”
New versions of LogMeIn Central and LogMeIn Pro featuring the patch management capabilities are immediately available online. LogMeIn Central is priced at $376 AU per year, supporting an unlimited number of users and instances of LogMeIn Pro. LogMeIn Pro is priced at $87.90 AU per year. The new capabilities are available as a free update to existing LogMeIn Central and LogMeIn Pro customers. Free 30-day trials of LogMeIn Central and LogMeIn Pro are available on LogMeIn’s website.