Good afternoon all.
Have just moved to "near gigabit" fibre with 2Degrees off VDSL (following a nightmare saga involving Chorus and the ROW flip-flop), but for some unknown reason IPv6 refuses to work. I've got a ticket open with the support desk but it seems to be going nowhere, so here we are. Using the Fritz 7490, have tried the following:
- Factory Reset to defaults - no love
- Manually assigning the static prefix (yes paying for static V4 and V6 addresses) - systems get IPv6 addresses but no traffic wishes to pass.
- A completely different router (dug an old linksys e3200 out of storage, flashed with advancedtomato, no love with v6 - also cannot handle above 130mbps!)
I have a funny feeling this /might/ be MTU related but after some poking around in the Fritz it looks to be OK and I can't really find a setting to force the MTU size. One would assume it'd just sort itself out. Also looking in the Fritz logs, I can see a lot of "Could not establish IPv6 Internet connection: No response from DHCPv6 server (SOL)." errors coming up. Been well over a week now since I lodged the problem and really curious to see if this has happened to anybody else. On the flipside other than this everything is running great! Wanting to get this sorted before I move everything over to a Mikrotik or Ubiquiti unit for a little extra nerd appeal in the network cupboard!