Hi we are a small motel and it is not financially viable to get an individual sky box for each unit. Our set up at present is Headend Centralised Distibution System with 3 sky boxes. Our sky boxes (decoders) are 16 years old. there is no rf modulators attached. The sky in the units are analog and the quality of the picture is at its best snowy. W e have had various people come and look and we have yet to have the same answer to the solution. Someone said we had to completely put in new cables/wires( whatever it is called ) another said no we did not. We have been told that get RF modulators and that will make a difference, someone said no as the decoders we have although they are 16 years old they have modulaors in them. Someone else said get digital Rf modulators and someone said get a digital modulator and that will make a difference.... that we would then get digital.
What we need to know is that
- The fact that our current boxes are 16 years old would that have an effect.
- when sky come and put the new boxes in does anyone think that will help?
- Do we need a RF modulator with the new sky box?
- If so do we get Analog or digital ?
- If so can anyone recommend one?