Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.

225 posts

Master Geek
+1 received by user: 7

Topic # 56802 24-Jan-2010 15:30
Send private message


I have MySky HDi and currently live with my olds, I am moving away to flat and do a course. I will be away for like two-three months and then come back for a month and so on. Can I cancel my sky subscription for the time im away and then when I come back get it for a month? Am I able to do this?

[Moderator edit (MF): "HELP" is not a proper subject for a discussion so I've updated it]

Create new topic
367 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 10

  Reply # 292698 24-Jan-2010 16:41
Send private message

Call them and ask. But if you have signed up for a fixed period I would say no.

171 posts

Master Geek
+1 received by user: 2

  Reply # 292701 24-Jan-2010 17:01
Send private message

If your on a fixed term I believe so - Although there is a small monthly payment, $12 or something like that from memory!

6328 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 391

Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 292712 24-Jan-2010 18:08
Send private message

Quick search of the SkyTV website brings up this answer:

Yes, if you are a SKY Digital customer, you can choose to downgrade your package to a monthly rental charge of $18.29 per decoder.
If you are a My Sky/My Sky HDi subscriber paying the monthly My Sky rental fee of $15.00, this still applies( ie $18.29 + $15.00 per month).  

This will still give you access to the free to air and Pay Per View channels on your decoder, as well as access to the online guide.

The minimum term for this downgrade is one month, you can upgrade at any time after the initial month

7875 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 790


  Reply # 292729 24-Jan-2010 19:24
Send private message

I seem to remember a few years ago a friend of mine went overseas for about 3 months and he was able to put his on "Suspend" for about $6 / month..



225 posts

Master Geek
+1 received by user: 7

  Reply # 292733 24-Jan-2010 19:55
Send private message

Thanks guys, I am going to ring and get it suspended.

Create new topic

Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:

Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.

Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.