About a week ago, my Tivo Desktop stopped sending videos to my two Tivos. No apparent reason - I've often found that the Tivo Desktop software started using the wrong LAN adaptor and fixed it by changing it back, but not this time. The last transfer I can see is 6 April, so at some point after that it stopped working.
I've taken a few steps already, and am at my wits end now...
- Confirmed the issue is with both of my Tivo Units
- Confirmed both Tivo's can connect to the LAN / internet, and I can access both Tivo's Now Playing list from a web browser
- Checked Tivo Desktop is using the right network adaptor, and using Tivo Beacon (Bonjour has never worked for me)
- rebooted Tivos, PC and router
- Removed and reinstalled a new clean Tivo Desktop on the current PC
- disabled the Tivo Desktop on the existing PC, and installed it on a Laptop which has never had it installed before (this includes setting the Media Access Key, adding the Desktop Plus Key, and linking to my Tivo account).
- Checked mytivo.co.nz for any issues with my account specifically or Tivo in NZ generally.
- disabled both antivirus and firewall
I have changed routers, but that would be three weeks ago, it's worked since, and it was 'almost' like for like (Fritz 7390 to a Fritz 7490 with the config copied across). I don't recall having to open ports etc - surely not for LAN connectivity.
Given that both ends of the network see each other, and a clean install on the laptop hasn't changed the situation, I'm not sure what next.
Any help greatly appreciated.