In a few weeks I'm about to launch my first startup, Parent Interviews. Exciting!
Parent Interviews is a new website where schools can manage their parent teacher interview evenings online. Parents sign up, book their interviews, and are emailed timetables the night before the event. Teachers can see their bookings at any time to prepare for the interviews, and schools have access to reports and statistics regarding their interview event.
This project started as part of my Scholarship portfolio (one of the only Year 12's in NZ last year to get a Scholarship!). My school tested the website several times, and each iteration I improved it. Now that the website has been tried and tested, my team and I are turning it into a business so that other schools can benefit from our product.Some of our key features:
- Importing data from multiple sources, such as Excel, MUSAC and KAMAR.
- Customisation of the booking website to match the school's brand.
- Ability to email parents and teachers with their timetables the night before the event.
- Parent comments, so teachers can prepare before the interview.
- Multiple dates and times associated with an event.