I've been looking for information regarding the wiring of non-permanent lighting, such as desk lamps, table lamps etc. Essentially lighting that plugs into the wall socket and is controlled by a switch. I've found plenty of information regarding permanent fixtures, which hasn't helped me much.
This lack of information has lead me to come up with two conclusions. Either there's no electrical regulation surround the wiring and use of home made lamps OR I'm searching in all the wrong places with all the wrong queries. If anyone is able to shed some light on the situation (see what I did there) it'd be much appreciated.