I'm looking into home automation and wondering what system to go with.
1. Ninja Blocks
2. a z-wave starter kit from smarthome.com.au
3. something else?
Preferably I would want a windows based solution that I could run on my server, but I havent found anything cheap enough for windows.
I'm wanting to have tablets around the house to control the system. so far I've purchased a samsung tab 2 7" but might get some cheap windows 8 tablets (around $500 each).
I'm wanting to automate
1. lights in hallway automatically turn on when movement detected
2. view IP camera of front door from each tablet/over internet
3. turn on a irobot roomba from the tablets or when I leave the house (this would be a rule based thing, when car isnt in garage, and no one inside house, turn on roomba via IR sender).
4. be able to set "scenes" via tablet, eg "watch movie" so all the lights go off.
5. control xbmc via tablets (this isnt really home automation, but reason for wanting android/windows tablets).
I'm leaning towards ninjablocks, but don't want to invest into stuff then find out i bought the wrong things.
The lights I'll probably use are the limitlessled ones (which have a ninjablock addon)
the only thing ive purchased so far is the galaxy tab 2. I havent purchased an IP camera, roomba or anything else, want to make sure the equipment I get works with the home automation solution.
anyone have any advice/suggestions?
any does anyone have any suggestions about controlling it from software on a tablet?