We're moving into a new house which is two storey and very sunny, so is dry throughout except for one medium size bedroom on the lower level which doesn't get much sun. It's not mouldy and we haven't seen any condensation (but we haven't seen it in winter yet), but in that room I can immediately sense some moisture in the air and being an allergic sort, I start coughing a bit.
There's a heat pump downstairs which makes a little difference but not much as it's located at the other end of the corridor. Upstairs there's a fireplace and a fan.
The house is insulated but not double glazed, in Auckland.
Just wondering from those with experience - what do you think the best solution is as the problem appears isolated to just this one room. A dehumidifier? a heat pump in that room? HRV system for the whole place?
Thanks for any advice :)