Sorry if this is a fairly obvious post, but I just wanted to share a brilliant little device that I imported form Amazon, which basically plugs into my car's auxiliary input and receives wireless bluetooth from my phone, saving me from ever having to plug in my phone when I step into my car.
Its called the Kinivo BTC450
I just wanted to share it with you because I've had such a good experience with it. For some reason it had never occurred to me earlier that I could buy a device that acted as a bluetooth to aux adapter.
But this does a lot more. Without taking my phone out of my pocket when I get into the car, I can:
- play and pause music from my iPhone, including buttons on the top to skip and repeat songs
- receive phone calls which output sound through my car's speaker system, and input sound through the device's built in mic (which I've found to be of decent quality)
- hold down the centre button to activate siri, so i can get my phone to call people, send texts, play particular songs/artists/albums, set a gps route, or even set reminders, all without touching my phone or taking my eyes off the road. (works voice assistants on android etc also)
There are a few similar products and options out there but this is the only one I've found which ticked all the boxes. In particular, this baby can:
1. Auto-connect to your phone as soon as you turn on the car, to instantly start playing music
2. Has aptX codec for superb audio quality over bluetooth (unfortunately not supported with apple devices, but music still sounds fantastic)
3. Has buttons to skip/repeat songs and activate your device's voice assistant
4. Charges through your car's cigarette lighter so turns on/off with the car automatically
5. Obviously works with steering wheel volume controls
I used YouShop to get it to NZ from Amazon US so got it all up including shipping for just over $50 US. A very happy purchase!