Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Guest
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.


DaveB

1139 posts

Uber Geek
Inactive user


#215562 3-Jul-2017 11:01
Send private message

Well that gave boxing a black eye!


Create new topic
Affiliate link
 
 
 

Affiliate link: Free kids accounts - trade shares and funds (NZ, US) with Sharesies.
Coil
6614 posts

Uber Geek
Inactive user


  #1810773 3-Jul-2017 11:03
Send private message

Yeah was quite surprised. Them i heard him talking beef on Floyd, and was like yeah go on. 


Batman
Mad Scientist
27796 posts

Uber Geek

Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

  #1810830 3-Jul-2017 12:10
Send private message

Any sport that needs a human judge can never be completely fair.




Involuntary autocorrect in operation on mobile device. Apologies in advance.


Lias
4865 posts

Uber Geek

ID Verified
Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

  #1812346 4-Jul-2017 08:44
Send private message

They need to change the rules of boxing (and MMA) so they get rid of points decisions.. Two men enter.. one man leaves..





I'm a geek, a gamer, a dad and an IT Professional. I have a full rack home lab, size 15 feet, an epic beard and Asperger's. I'm a bit of a Cypherpunk, who believes information wants to be free and the Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.




BigMal
975 posts

Ultimate Geek

ID Verified
Trusted

  #1812525 4-Jul-2017 13:23
Send private message

Horn started well but Pac clearly got the better of him. 

 

The McGregor vs Mayweather sideshow is interesting.  99.9% chance Floyd wins but I'll watch in case of the 0.1% happening.  The build up should be spectacular too.


tdgeek
26309 posts

Uber Geek

Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

  #1819179 10-Jul-2017 21:04
Send private message

Didn't see this thread. I watched the fight. It was all Horn, he was lucky to last 9th round, and Manny came back, but he didn't seem to come back big time. I know the result before I watched it, and I thought it was close. I could see Horn winning as he seemed to do more, and be the aggressor, what judges like. IMHO he was in front all the way, and while Manny closed the gap I wasn't surprised he won. BUT, Manny scored twice as many hits? That surprised me. I know Horn swung a lot and missed, but Manny wasn't exactly that busy himself. I just didn't see it being the hoopla loss that is all in the boxing news. I watched a youtube of the fight with punches noted, I should watch it again. But the real life watch didn't give me the impression Manny won easily.


Create new topic





News and reviews »

D-Link G415 4G Smart Router Review
Posted 27-Jun-2022 17:24


New Zealand Video Game Sales Reaches $540 Million
Posted 26-Jun-2022 14:49


Github Copilot Generally Available to All Developers
Posted 26-Jun-2022 14:37


Logitech G Introduces the New Astro A10 Headset
Posted 26-Jun-2022 14:20


Fitbit introduces Sleep Profiles
Posted 26-Jun-2022 14:11


Synology Introduces FlashStation FS3410
Posted 26-Jun-2022 14:04


Intel Arc A380 Graphics First Available in China
Posted 15-Jun-2022 17:08


JBL Introduces PartyBox Encore Essential Speaker
Posted 15-Jun-2022 17:05


New TVNZ+ streaming brand launches
Posted 13-Jun-2022 08:35


Chromecast With Google TV Review
Posted 10-Jun-2022 17:10


Xbox Gaming on Your Samsung Smart TV No Console Required
Posted 10-Jun-2022 00:01


Xbox Cloud Gaming Now Available in New Zealand
Posted 10-Jun-2022 00:01


HP Envy Inspire 7900e Review
Posted 9-Jun-2022 20:31


Philips Hue Starter Kit Review
Posted 4-Jun-2022 11:10


Sony Expands Its Wireless Speaker X-series Range
Posted 4-Jun-2022 10:25









Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.



Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.