While I can't expect anyone here to solve this mystery, I hope to get some clues re validation that occurs on an online order. Platinum MasterCard
I am trying to buy FanPass but I get the invalid credit card message. I use it online regularly, last was Dominos two nights ago. The CC number is correct, I now know it off by heart. CVV is correct, Name is correct, Expiry is correct.
Here are some variables
1. FanPass requires Billing Address. We moved house a few months back, I was fixated on that. Old address, new address, the statement Box number address all fail.
2. Called the bank, the address is the new address, got the exact address and format. Same with the Box number address on the statement. No issue with the card or account.
3. The credit card account is a joint one, wife and I have our own cards, I think they are different numbers
4. I lost mine a year ago, replaced, slightly different number and new CVV
All I am left with are these possible reasons. (I have emailed Neulion this morning)
1. Some system is down so it cannot see my number
2. After a certain number of fails, its locked me out. Maybe the Billing address I was fixated on wasn't important, but I used up my fails?
3. If the validation looks at the first card listed against the account, that may be the why it fails if my card is after the wife's?
Tennis is waiting for me