I'm part way through building a new house and have pretty much sussed out my AV setup.
So far this is how it will work:
- HDBaseT Matrix will distribute video around the house via Cat6/HDMI and into receiver in media room (done)
- Nuvo Essentia multi-room audio system will distribute audio around the house to ceiling speakers and into receiver in media room to amplify for home theatre (in progress)
- Speakers for HT room are 2x Polk Audio 265-RT,1x 266C-RT around TV as below and a pair of Polk Audio RC80i in the ceiling plus external sub
Below are the drawings of the finished setup.
Two questions I need some advice on:
- What receiver would you recommend for the home theatre? It's only 5.1 at this stage but will likely wire some rears in case I want to add them in future, so should be 7.1 and capable of running the above speakers for home theatre use. Im not an audiophile and don't want to go crazy but still want a decent sound.
- Where would you recommend ceiling speakers are placed in the room below?