I have just built the following system:
SST-LC13 ATX Home Theatre
Silverstone Strider ST405, 400W ATX PSU
Intel DP35DP Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Kingston 2GB 800MHz DDR2
Gigabyte GV-NX85T512HP Video Card (GeForce 8500 GT, 512MB, DDR2, PCIe-16)
Seagate Barracuda ST3500320AS Hard Disk Drive
CNET CWP-854, Wireless PCI Adapter, 54Mbps, 802.11b/g, PCI
Hauppauge WinTV HVR3000 TV Tuner, FM Radio, Internal, PCI, with Remote
LiteOn LH-20A1S DVD Writer, DVD 16R/20W/8RW, CD 48R/48W/32RW, Internal, SATA
Remote Control, USB Infrared Receiver & 2 Infrared Emitters for Windows XP Media Centre Edition
Have put all of this together (as you do) and have loaded Vista Ultimate with all latest patches + SP1. Have installed the latest drivers from Intel, nVidia, CNet and Hauppage (from the UK website). Have installed the latest Intel BIOS.
Have enabled hybrid sleep (i.e. deep sleep with a back up hibernation file to disk). So the problem is this:
- Start --> Sleep (or sleep via MCE Remote)
- Screen blanks, HD stops, system powers down - all good
- Push power button on case - NOTHING!!!!
- Push power button on MCE remote - NOTHING!!! (the numlock LED lights when I press a key so there is life in there somewhere)
- Hold power button on case for four seconds machine powers up, but does not POST but case fans, drive etc all spin up. So have to kill power
- Turn off PSU, wait 5s, turn on
- PC starts immediately (Power on after power failure is set) and loads hibernation file
- System back to where it should be.
Stuff I've already tried:
- Checking device properties to let the computer power manage everything
- Checking device properties to letanything wake the computer (the waking is the problem, not the staying asleep)
- Remove tuner card and wireless LAN card PLUS every header and cable not core to making it go (i.e. Firewire, audio, usb, DVD SATA, eSATA)
Help???? It is driving me round the bend!