Looking to build a HTPC for my lounge and make use of Freeview HD.
Currently got a 32" Samsung LCD TV, Panasonic 5.1 system, UHF input
$400 for a Freeview HD box is ridiculous so rather make a PC :)
I know my PC hardware well but am quite bad at TV related products.
Heres my idea so far:
- Asus P5K-VM
- E2160 (OC to 3.0ghz)
- Corsair 2x1gb CL5 800mhz
- Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb
- Leadtek 7600GS HDMI, 256mb
- Pioneer DVD-WR
- Enermax Liberty 400watt (modular)
- Silverstone SST-LC17
What I really want is to get the HD and audio into the HDMI (less clutter)
- Will the GPU be sufficient to put out 720/1080p with 256mb
- Can I connect HVR2200 audio to GPU's HDMI
- Do I need codec software such as Cyberlink to encode H.264
- Which OS should I use
- Is anything an overkill :p
Cheers for any help/suggestions!
Heres my gaming PC I built, now keen for a HTPC build