- With say, half a dozen Airport Express / Airtunes units running, do I need a gruntier PC than I would for streaming out to one?
- Can the volume control on iTunes act as a 'master' volume control for all the units at once? (Obviously each units connected speakers will cause individual variations though)
- Can each 'user' stream different music to their unit compared to everyone else?
- Any practical limits to this setup using an Apple 802.11n Wireless Router, all set up in an average sized house?
- Does anyone have one or two Airport Express/Airtunes units they would be prepared to loan me for a couple of days? (Would be returned with liquor vouchers or something)
I like the idea of the Apple units, because its cheap, easy to install, portable, expandable, and using iTunes is definitely my preference if possible.
At the moment, the office has one stereo in the middle of the restored Villa we work in, and its a battle between the dark metal crowd, and the early 90's popular dance crowd (leaving not much room for me of the popular hard rock and commercial metal), and the boss wants it sorted with technolgy [ "oh..... okay..... " says Tony :-) ]