Just built my new HTPC (waiting only on the Blackgold tv card now) and am wanting to set it up from a clean install soon, after a bit more tinkering/practicing. Ive decided I want to use VMC due to the interface, high WAF, etc. Will be using it for tv/music/pics/xvids/gaming/news/weather etc. I think that the best way to proceed currently is to use freeview dvb-s via way of dvbsbridge and sky via s-video in (will prob migrate to smartcard reader option when have time and a stable method is found). If someone has a better solution, plz do tell.
The main questions I have are:
1) Should I bother doing the tv pack update as this seems to be rife with issues and from what I can see not a huge help for NZ users? Should I just stick with "pre-fiji vmc"?
2) Which version of dvbs-bridge (dvbviewer, progdvb, etc) would be best (and therefore which other app should I buy)?
3) Is there a good walkthrough/setup guide for dvbsbridge -> vmc?
4) Is there a good guide to getting NZ dvb-s freeview working with vmc via this route? A guide to getting the s-video stuff working well woudl also be good...
5) Can the MCE remotes with IR blasters currently be purchased in NZ? I see alot being sold without the blasters...
Sorry for all the questions, hoping someone out there will have some quick answers. Not wanting an essay from you guys lol, just a nod in the right direction as Im sure this stuff is all laid out somewhere, just having a bit of trouble finding some of it.
Thanks again in advance