Thankfully, it appears technology has become significantly easier to use :)
How to install NOVA-S-Plus in Windows 7100 64-bit, then stream it to an MC extender (Xbox 360).
- Install card into PCI slot.
- Turn on computer and Windows 7 automatically installs all the drivers for you. I had one that had a yellow warning in Device Manager, but when i attempted to 'Update Driver' it said it was all swell so i left it.
- Fire up 7MC.
- Select Live TV.
- Settings: Region: New Zealand, Satellite: Optus D1 (NZ), "Custom Single Oscillator", "10750". That's it.
- My signal then was maximum, so i just clicked through to finish. It said it might take a few minutes, but took about 2 seconds on my computer. If no signal, try "11300" instead, apparently.
- Turn on Xbox, load MC and enjoy :)
All in all took about 5 minutes, and has breathed new life into Freeview. The interface looks incredible, the EPG is an order of magnitude better than the one in my DSE decoded box. The ability to pause, series record, and keep track of what i need to watch will be invaluable. Wish i'd done it earlier!